Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Monday, February 13, 2006

Jumping Journal: February 13, 2006

Day 36. Wow!  Jumping at Newport, seems rather strange this year.  Tonight though it was another chance to grab a few more jumps off the Newport jump.  I'm still hoping to grab the video shots that I was going to try to grab tonight.  I have a mini-cam that I can plug right into my video camera.  I'm hoping to stick it right on the takeoff and point it both uphill and downhill on separate jumps and grab a nice Olympic style shot.  I have been wanting to do this for ages and after the guy grabbed the shots of me yesterday I figure now is the perfect time for doing it.

The photos from yesterday can be seen at:
http://www.newportrec.com/pictures-rc-ski-jumps.htm

Both of the top two shots on the right hand side, the jumper in the red and white jump suit.

I ended the day with five jumps.  None of them was terribly impressive.  I did end up crashing the last jump after having a very one footed takeoff.  I think it was probably the most one footed jump that I have taken so far this year.  Naturally, I went down right on my behind.  It still hasn't lost its pain in the butt yet and each crash seems to add a little bit more back.  At least most of the black and blueness has disappeared, MOST of it.

Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102