Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Monday, September 25, 2006

Jumping Journal: September 24, 2006

So plans change, sometimes quicker than you could ever imagine.  I thought that I would be out jumping last Sunday, the 17th, but plans changed very quickly on the 16th and as a result I ended up waiting until yesterday before I got the chance to get back out and do any jumping again.  Yesterday almost didn't happen either.
 
The weather wasn't looking very promising as rain and storms had been moving through the area all afternoon.  I took a look at the radar and it looked like things might dry off in time for jumping.  I headed on up to Lebanon and by the time I was half way there the sun was starting to come out and the skies to the west were clearing off.  It was starting to look much more promising.
 
The skies were mostly sunny by the time I arrived at Storrs Hill.  I found Cannonball and Dan talking about a former ski jumper who had been involved in a fatal car accident recently.  Surprisingly, I don't recognize the name of the jumper, even though he was only 19 years old.
 
Dan and I decided to jump and Cannonball decided to coach.  The first two or three jumps weren't too bad, about normal.  Cannonball mentioned that I was dropping the hands and butt on the inrun and it could be causing me to jump late.  I've been jumping late all summer long.  Now I think I know why.
 
The remaining four or five jumps were much better.  I was much closer to jumping on time than what I'd been doing all summer long.  No crashes for the second time out made for another nice bonus.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102