Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Jumping Journal: December 20, 2005

An evening of mixed jumps.  First jump went great until I got to the transition and then boom, down on my butt I went.  The right ski ended up coming off and went up into the woods.  It took about 15 minutes before I was able to find it, 75% of the ski was under the snow.
 
The second and third jump went pretty decent.  The fourth jump was one of the best jumps I've had off the 50 in the past three year of jumping the hill.  It did seem kinda like a mid to late season jump versus a beginning of the season jump.  I guess not taking the skis off hardly at all since the start of last winter must really be making a difference this winter.
 
The fifth jump was okay.  The sixth jump was the weirdest takeoff I've ever experienced.  I'm still not sure what was going through my head.  About 10 feet or so before the takeoff, way earlier than what it should have been, I started to make my move, I hesitated and then finished the move at the correct time.  The whole concept through me off and, yes, I ended up crashing the jump.
 
I knew I wasn't about to finish on a note like that, plus I had initially been planning on trying to get seven jumps in for the day.  I headed back up and took one last jump for the evening.  It wasn't worth a crap, I was way off balance in the air and had my arms flapping all over the place.  I called it a night.
 
I did notice that it seems like I'm driving with the heel better than what I had been doing.  I still don't have the power that I would like to have, like I have on the 25.  I've also been noticing, every day on the 50 so far, that I seem to leaning way forward as I go through the transition on the landing hill.  So far I have been keeping my head up so I don't end up on my face.  I wish I could figure ouy why I'm doing it in the first place.  From what I remember I have quite often noticed it on the 50 over the past three years, never on the 25 though.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102