Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Jumping Journal: January 07, 2006

To put it simply, how do you stay awake going down the inrun?  Enough said.
 
Spent Friday night helping make snow on the Newport jumps.  It was all night long.  After jumping on the 25 earlier in the afternoon I ran some errands and then it was out to the hill until around 10:30AM this morning.  I did manage to catch about 45 minutes of sleep here and there between 4AM and 6AM.  It wasn't the best sleep by any means though.
 
I got home and spent some time running a few more errands while I still could before noon time came around and I would have to wait until Monday to be able to run those errands.  I pretty much then packed up and headed on up to Storrs Hill to jump the 50 this afternoon.  What a trip.
 
I spent about 5-10 minutes up on top of the tressel hoping I could wake up enough so I could manage to actually jump at the takeoff on the first jump.  It didn't work.  I ended up just sliding off the end, in what was one of the worst jumps, distancewise, that I have ever had on the 50.
 
Each jump from that point forward got progressively better.  I ended up with 8 total jumps and as I figured, zero crashes.  I am a little surprised by the zero crashes considering how little I was really with thanks to sleep deprivation.
 
It seems strange to think that 1/3rd of the season is already over.  I normally end up with either 50 or 51 days of jumping each winter and right now I have 17 of them in the bag with 114 total jumps, 51 on the 25 and 63 on the 50.
 
Tomorrow appears to be a day off.  WIth a jump meet at one the nearby hills that I don't plan to jump in, I'll probably go if I'm awake, plus the fact I don't have my skis on me, they are still in Lebanon, plus the fact that I'm getting ready right now to head back out to the Newport jump and help finish up making the snow, you could say the odds are pretty much stacked against me for doing any jumping tomorrow.  Oh well, I guess I'll restart and try for another long duration streak on Monday.  I may still pull of 14-18 days in a row this winter if Mother Nature does't interfer with my plans any.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102