Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Jumping Journal: January 09, 2006

Day 18. Gee, the season is 1/3rd finished. At least compared to normal it is now over 1/3rd finished. Typically I get 50 or 51 days on snow each winter and now I have 18. It doesn't seem like I should have so many days already. Granted the early snow on the 25 has helped quite nicely.

Tonight provide for some rather interesting conditions. I think this was the first time I've ever seen anything quite this radical. I ended up the evening with five jumps and two crashes. These two crashes I actually deem as being legitimate crashes. All the crashes I have had so far have simply been caused by the subconscious mind fighting the conscious body. Simply the subconscious trying to make me and everyone else believe that I can't jump.

Tonight was different. I headed down the inrun for the first jump and everything seemed like it was going to be a nice night for jumping. The temps were warm, around the freezing point, and the light snow that had fallen on Sunday and even earlier in the morning was long gone. Their was one thing that was still around...the slow conditions.

The only problem was that these slow conditions were only on the landing hill and outrun. The inrun was still fast. I took the first jump and when I landed the slow conditions caught me rather quickly and I didn't recover. I ended up on my butt.

On the second jump I knew a little better what to expect. I was hesistant on the landing but managed to pull it off without any problems. Admittedly, all I have did so far this season is just to rub on some wax, and the last time I did this was more than a week ago. I think I shall do a little rubbing tomorrow evening before I do any jumping. It sounds like the weather is going to do nothing but make things slower all week long.

The third and fourth jumps progressively were better. I knew better what to expect. The fifth jump was the probably about the best of the evening and it also caught me off guard and I ended up crashing on it thanks to sticking once again.

Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102