Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Jumping Journal: February 15, 2006

Day 38.  An uneventful night.  Kinda strange to hear myself say that.  Granted it was a night of jumping late on each and every one of the five jumps that I ended up taking.
 
I was planning on jumping the 25 with the Ford Sayre club after the Junior Olympic Committee meeting.  I had changed into the ski bibs and already had one boot on when Cannonball told Tom that he was heading over to grab a few jumps on the 50.  I had to stop and think for a minute to decide which way I wanted to go, 50 or 25.  Turns out the conditions on the 25 weren't the greatest so I made the right decision of going to the 50 with the US Masters fleet.  Yep, all of the Lebanon squad was jumping the 50 tonight.  It was the first time I've seen Bill jump the 50 since his nasty crash last summer on the 25.
 
My first jump was quite shaky on the inrun, the shakiest of the season it seemed like.  The new boots were playing tricks on my mind and making me feel unstable going down the inrun.  I jumped really late.
 
Jump number was more stable but still late.  The same with the next three jumps.  Each jump got a little earlier but I was still late nonetheless.  I'm not sure what it is that was making me jump late tonight.  I'm thinking it is something with the different boots that is throwing me off.  Time shall tell though.  Hopefully, weather providing, I'll be able to do better tomorrow night on the 50.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102