Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Monday, February 20, 2006

Jumping Journal: February 20, 2006

Day 40.  Gee it seems strange.  I had 30 days in at the end of January and have only managed 10 days since.  This really has been one strange winter.
 
Friday saw a storm front pass through that took highs of around 60 on Wednesday and Thursday down to 50 and dropping all day Friday so that by noontime temps were just above freezing.  The wind picked up massively and ended up postponing the high school state jump meet until tonight.  One person did end up jumping the 38 on Friday afternoon to help with tracksetting on the top of the inrun.  After much discussion it was decided to postpone the meet thanks to the 15-50mph cross winds.
 
Saturday saw highs around 10 with some of the cross winds present during the morning and even more cross winds in the afternoon.  Most of the eastern JO team got some jumps in on the 50 and I was planning on it but it never happened.  Like I said it has been real strange.
 
Sunday was spent doing work on the 50 inrun in hopes that the weather forecast holds and doesn't create any problems between now and JOs.  Yet another day without any jumping.
 
This afternoon I got to Andover for the high school state jump meet and quickly changed into the ski bibs and headed on up the tressel.  The first jump caught me a little off guard, I wasn't expecting so much height on the takeoff.  I don't ever remember having that much height on the takeoff before on any jump.
 
The second jump seemed even higher than the first one and was definitely further down the hill than the first one.  It felt more like I should be ski flying instead of ski jumping.  On the way up for the third jump Cannonball yelled at me telling me to start from the house.  The second jump I started on the second bar down.
 
On the third, fourth and fifth jump I did start from the top bar and I on the fourth and fifth jumps I did manage to drive with the chin instead of keeping the head down.  I did notice that it didn't seem like I was quite as high on the final two jumps either.  The fourth jump was the best jump I have ever had on the 38, down around 28-29 meters.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102