Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Monday, February 12, 2007

Jumping Journal: February 12, 2007

As Clara Barton used to say, or at least to paraphrase her, "Where's the Table?"  Teh first jump of the evening sure felt that.  I haven't jumped that late probably in my life.  I didn't think it would be that hard to readjust to the shorter table but my mind proved otherwise.
 
Most of the jumps this evening ended up being quite similiar, LATE.  I spent the evening trying to work on making a few minor changes to my inrun position.  I could tell by looking at the video that was shot last week that my take off position was quite hunched over instead of being nice and square.  I figure that mostly comes from the inrun position being the same way.  I know that I have typically been curling the shoulders around trying to keep everything as low as possible.  Tonight I worked on squaring up the shoulders.
 
With the exception of the next to last jump all the rest of the jumps were late to one degree or another.  The next to last jump was pretty much on time, I thought it was possibly early as it did almost seem like the ski tips dropped at the takeoff.  I was told otherwise though.
 
After that dreadfully late first jump the rest of the jumps for the evening were down in the 35-40 meter range with most of them below 37 meters.  I had a couple of real nice stable jumps where I just let it go right into the landing.  It stinks how they always feel the nicest yet you always want to pull out of them the quickest.
 
All in all the ten jumps I took tonight was probably the best night of the winter thus far.  I don't know how much of it I can give credit to having jumped down at Salisbury over the weekend on a bigger hill.  Some of the credit probably has to go toward it but I think the few different things that I was working on tonight were quite helpful as well.  Now if I could just get myself to work on a few of the other things that I would like to get programmed into my jumping it would great.
 
It sounds like I might get to jump tomorrow.  Their is a big snow storm that is moving this way and it is sounding more and more like it may not start snowing until after midnight tomorrow night.  Wednesday sounds pretty much like a day that will be spent indoors around the computer or reading a good book, not doing much in the way of jumping.  So far I'm hearing anything from 12-18 inches of snow and that it all depends on the storm tracks.  I guess the eastern part of the midwest is even expecting 12-18 inches, its very rare for my old stomping grounds to get that kind of snowfall.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102