Myth #1(Mother Nature killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked

Myth #2(NCAA killed the sport of ski jumping) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Myth #3(The US doesn't have the talent) Debunked Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Mind Of A Ski Jumper Part 1, 2, 3, 4

The Ultimate Coach - Ski Jump Training Device

Jumping Season Digest: (see bottom of this page)

Friday, January 13, 2006

Jumping Journal: January 13, 2006

Day 21.  Friday the 13th.  Today is definitely a harbinger of something to come, something not very pretty.  Weather forecast for tomorrow is about as ugly as it gets around here during the winter months.  RAIN!  The low for tomorrow night is suppose to be 40.  I guess I won't be jumping tomorrow unless a miracle on snow occurs.
 
Took eight jumps tonight with the famous Dr. J.  I first spent the evening helping Cannonball get the inrun of the 50 covered with plastic to hopefully keep the rain and wind off that is coming tomorrow into Sunday.
 
The action then moved over to the 25 that already had some of the plastic showing at the very top of the inrun.  I doubt very highly that it will make it through tomorrow unscathed.
 
Each of us took eight jumps.  It was Dr. J's first jump since crashing on the Andover 38 last Saturday.  His first jump was the most skittish I've seen him jump in a very long time.  My first jump wasn't much better.  I had figured a little more speed on the inrun since everything had iced over as the temperatures dropped.  It wasn't as fast as what I had expected.
 
Each jump the rest of the evening got better and better.  I did crash on the third jump thanks to sitting back too much through the transistion.  It seems right now that if I keep my head up on the inrun that I have less worry about getting my butt down at the takeoff which kills the rest of the jump and helps lead the way into the crashes in the transistion that I have been having the trouble with all winter long.  I'm going to have watch out for this over the next several jump session and do some experimenting and see what I find out.  I know you should keep your head down but it seems to work better for me with the head up.  Time shall tell.
 
Crash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Winter 2010
DateLeb 25Plymouth 25Leb 50And 38
Dec 121
Jan 056
Jan 063
Feb 024
Feb 032
Feb 046
Feb 073
Mar 063
Totals133102